Tuesday, April 10

The Biggest Loser: SK Edition

So we did it. Day 1 of an early morning workout routine is the hardest one I think. (although I could be wrong. We'll see how I sore I am tomorrow.) Molly beat me to the gym this morning, as she set her alarm to allow enough time for morning confusion and sluggishness and well...I didn't. But when I realized I was running late, I flew out of bed and threw on some clothes. I was in a mad dash to try and find something to hold my not yet grown out obnoxious bangs (just grow out ALREADY) and could not for the LIFE of me find a clip or anything. Was interesting because most days I feel like I pick up half a dozen bobby pins or so off the floor (last weekend they broke my vacuum.) But today...none. Lovely.

Pull into the gym parking lot already 7ish minutes late. The reason I am late? I promised I'd meet Molly. Crazy how knowing someone is at the gym waiting for you is more motivation than having to suck in my tummy whenever I want to put on my favorite jeans. But who the hell cares where the motivation comes from. It's before sunrise and I'm at the gym. Me: 1 Body fat/desire to eat donuts: 0.

I figured I'd copy Molly and keep track of my progress. I somehow have the feeling that we will be successful this time because there is actually someone holding each other accountable.

(also it's nice to be able to discuss why woman on treadmill is doused in perfume and why woman on bike has on excess amounts of jewelry with someone after workout is over)

SO here we are. Week 1.

Starting weight: Ha...I'm with M on this one. Do I dare give a number? Hmmmmm. (thinks about whole internet knowing weight.) Nope. Not today. It is 20 pounds heavier than I'd like to be.

Goal: Lose some weight. (20 lbs would be nice) But mainly, feel healthier. Get into shape. Not get winded when I climb stairs.

Short term goal: Fit into a cute dress by Darcie's wedding in May. (we both have that goal in common)

Observations: Am out of shape. Why does my butt hurt?

Tomorrow's goal: Get out of bed despite soreness.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE! I'm going to post the update every Tuesday. I really think I can do it with you by my side. =)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Saw your post on blogher. Cute blog! Will forward to other 20-somethings I know. Which, sadly, would be my babysitters. But will forward!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home