Friday, March 23

Ah! Excitement. Crazy excitement!

I actually had planned to make up a pie chart displaying the amount of time I spend during a month THINKING about cleaning and the amount of time I actually spend cleaning. In my head, it was pretty f-ing funny.

But then. Then! I received ridiculously good, ego-boosting, make my day news.

An email I received:

Dear Ashley,

I have reviewed all of your materials, including your witty and entertaining blog, and am pleased to offer you a columnist position with ****** .com.

(insert all kinds of details here)

Sincerely,

Mr. **** ******
Marketing person, *****.com

Ok, so it wasn't exactly like that - BUT - you get the idea. I was hired! For real! As a real life writer-person. They sent me a contract and everything. Like, a freelance writing CONTRACT. I know my caps are getting annoying. But I am simply in awe.

(That is what my business cards will say, I think. Ashley Daigneault. Writer-Person)

SERIOUSLY people - someone wants to pay me to write for them. This is....YOOGE! I'm not even trying to brag - promise. I just have to share my excitement with the blogging world - those who appreciate the world of internet writing the most!

Note: The astericks in the above (somewhat paraphrased) email are in place of actual company & actual boss' name. I will be linking my column to my blog, as per my contract, but I'm not sure exactly what the rules are for mentioning said company on here without proper logo and such. So for now, to be safe, I will refer to them as ******.com. The number of * will change according to how long I feel like hitting shift 8.

I'm so, so, so, so tired. I have slept 11 hours in the past 48 hours and worked 22. Hours. With 2 children. Under the age of 4. I'm not really good at math but in my head, that equation = the need for some serious alcohol / sleep. And NO ALARM in the morning.

So I'm going to bed. But I think I will dream about my future celeb status as an online blogger columnist. (Ha, ha, HA. totally kidding. I'm not that big of a doucebag) And also I will dream about being at BlogHer in July and tracking down my favorite "celeb" bloggers and begging to hang out with them. For real, I have some serious blog crushes on these chicks.

I'm rambling. I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats! I love this blog and will be eager to read your column

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home