Friday, January 19

Ta-da!

After many, many blog posts on my myspace page, I have decided to join the world of actual blogging...which I am told includes everyone from major celebrities, to your average professional, new parents, all the way down to computer nerds.

So welcome to my blog. I suppose my reasons for wanting to do this vary, from pure narcisism to a genuine interest in human nature, life's many paradoxes, and being able to discuss all of this things in prose form. If you'd asked me when I was in my early teens what I wanted to be when I "grew up," I suppose I'd probably have said a writer. I began journaling when I was seven (perhaps some of my most profound work was done in the diary...) and haven't looked back. I'm a big fan of poetry, although it isn't my forte when it comes to actual writing styles. My poetry is usually sickeningly full of romantic notions as usually the only time I am moved to poeting (I make up words a lot, get used to it.) is when I am feeling, as my ex calls, it "squishy."

Def, squishy. Adj. The quality of having lovey, warm, gooey feelings for someone else.

Anyway. The idea behind this blog isn't to be squishy so you will seldom find poetry in here. Unless of course I am moved to write a hiku about renewing my driver's license at the DMV. It could happen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home